Sarah M. Lambert, MD
- Assistant Professor of Urology at CUMC
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-9918
This provider sees pediatric patients
- Pediatric Urology
Areas of Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Testicular Torsion
- Neurogenic Bladder
- Bed Wetting
- Urinary Incontinence
- UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
- Urinary Stone
- Vesicoureteral Reflux
- Undescended Testes
- Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction
- Laparoscopic Urologic Surgery
Education & Training
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- MD, 2003 Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital3959 Broadway
New York, NY 10032
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (212) 305-9918
ColumbiaDoctors Midtown51 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (212) 305-9918
Practices and Centers
- ColumbiaDoctors Midtown
- Office Phone: 212-305-9918
- Lambert SM, Markel H. Making history: Thomas Francis Jr, MD, and the 1954 Salk Poliomyelitis Vaccine Field Trial. Archives of Pediatric Adolescent Medicine 154(5):512-517, May 2000.
- Batourina E, Tsai S, Lambert S, Sprenkle P, Viana R, Dutta S, Hensle T, Wang F, Niederreither K, Carroll TJ, Mendelsohn C. Apoptosis induced by vitamin A signaling is crucial for connecting the ureters to the bladder. Nature Genetics 37(10):1082-1089, Oct. 2005.
- Lambert SM, Glassberg KI, Anderson R. Rehabilitating the neurogenic bladder: The role of artificial neural reflex pathways in children with spina bifida. Current Urology Reports 7(2):133-135, March 2006.
- Viana R, Batourina E, Huang H, Dressler GR, Kobayashi A, Behringer RR, Shapiro E, Hensle T, Lambert S, Mendelsohn C. The development of the bladder trigone, the center of the anti-reflux mechanism. Development 134(20):3763-3269, Oct. 2007.
- Pierorazio PM, Lambert SM, Matsukhani M, Sprenkle PC, McCann TR Katz AE, Olsson CA, Benson MC, McKiernan JM. High-grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia is an independent predictor of outcome after radical prostatectomy. BJU International 100(5):1066-1070, Nov. 2007.
- Lehman DS, Phillips CK, Hruby GW, Lambert S, Landman J. An assessment of urologists' training and knowledge of energy-based surgical devices. BJU International 102(2):226-230, July 2008.
- Laudano MA, Lambert SM, Masson P, McCann TR, Desai M, Benson MC, McKiernan JM. How often do available preoperative risk factors accurately predict the risk assessed after surgery for localized prostate cancer? BJU International 103(3):317-320, February 2009.
- Fisch H, Lambert SM, Hensle TW, Hyun G. Hypospadias rates in New York State are not increasing. Journal of Urology 181(5):2291-2294, May 2009.
- Christman MS, Kolon TF, Lambert SM. Pyeloplasty in a preterm infant. Dialogues in Pediatric Urology. 32(2):11, February 2011.
- Kojima Y, Lambert SM, Steixner BL, Laryngakis N, Casale P. Multiple metachronous fibroepithelial polyps in children. Journal of Urology 185(3):1053-1057, March 2011.
- Lambert SM, Snyder HM, Canning DA. The History of Hypospadias and Hypospadias Repairs. Urology 77(6):1277-1283, June 2011.
- Kraft KH, Lambert SM, Snyder HM 3rd, Canning DA. Pyocele of the scrotum in the pediatric patient. Journal of Pediatric Urology. Nov 21, 2011.
- Kasturi S, Sehgal SS, Christman MS, Lambert SM, Casale P. Prospective long-term analysis of nerve-sparing extravesical robotic-assisted laparoscopic ureteral reimplantation. Urology. Dec 23, 2011.
Reviews in Peer Reviewed Research Publications
- Masson P, Lambert SM, Brown M, Shabsigh R. PDE-5 inhibitors: Current status and future trends. [Review] Urological Clinics of North America 32(4):511-525, Nov. 2005.
- Lambert SM, Masson P, Fisch H. The male biological clock. World Journal of Urology 24(6):611-617, Dec. 2006.
- Fisch H, Lambert SM, Goluboff ET. Management of ejaculatory duct obstruction: etiology, diagnosis, and treatment. [Review] World Journal of Urology 24(6):604-610, Dec. 2006.
- Lambert SM, Fisch H. Infertility and testis cancer. Urological Clinics of North America [Review] 34(2):269-277, May 2007.
- Lambert SM, Vilain EJ, Kolon TF. A practical approach to ambiguous genitalia in the newborn period. Urological Clinics of North America [Review] 37(2):195-205, May 2010.
Research Publications, Non-Peer Reviewed
- Gilbert SM, Lambert SM, Weiner D. Extensive condylomata acuminata of the penis: Medical and surgical management. Infections in Urology 16(3):65-80, 2003.
- Viana R, Batourina E, Huang H, Dressler GR, Kobayashi A, Behringer RR, Shapiro E, Hensle T, Lambert S, Mendelsohn C. The development of the bladder trigone, the center of the anti-reflux mechanism. Development 134(20):3763-3769, 2007.
Abstracts: (Past 3 Years)
- Bhargava N, Schast A, Lambert SM, Canning DA, Kolon TF. Testicular histopathology in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome: Are they "normal" undescended testes? American Urological Association Abstract, 2009.
- Lambert SM, Snyder HM, Zderic SA, Carr MC, Canning DA, Kolon TF. Testicular histopathology in prune belly syndrome: Can we predict future fertility? American Urological Association Abstract, 2009.
- Christman M, Kasturi S, Kovell R, Lambert S, Casale P. Endoscopic management and the role of double stenting for primary obstructive megaureters. American Urological Association Abstract, 2011.
- Lambert S, Schast A, Snyder H, Canning D. Adults with history of continent urinary diversions in childhood: How do we transition? American Urological Association Abstract, 2011.
Editorials, Chapters, Participation in Committee Reports
- Schlegel PN, Masson P, Lambert SM, Fisch H. Fertility and aging men: An introduction to the male biological clock. Chap. 51 in Conn PM (Ed.): Handbook of Models for Human Aging. New York: Academic Press, 2006, 631-640.
- Lambert S., Zderic SA: Embryology of the female urinary tract. In Cardozo, L, Staskin, D, (eds) Textbook of Female Urology and Gynecology, 3rd edition, Abingdon Oxon, UK, Taylor and Francis, 2009, 172-184.
- Lambert SM, Casale P. Undescended testes. Chap. 86 in Mattei P (Ed.): Fundamentals of pediatric surgery, 2nd Edition. New York: Spring, 2010.
- Zderic, SA, Lambert, SM: Developmental anomalies of the genitourinary system. In: Fletcher, J., Devaskar, S, Gleason, CA (ed), Avery's Textbook of Neonatology, 9th edition, Elsevier Saunders, Philadelphia, 2011, in press
- Canning DA, Lambert SM: Evaluation of the pediatric urology patient. Chap. 115 in McDougal WS, Wein AJ, Kavoussi LR, Novick AC, Partin AW, Peters CA, Ramchandani P (eds): Campbell-Walsh Urology, 10th Edition. Philadelphia: Saunders Elsevier, 2012, 570-572.